Learn to make money online NOW!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

My site is 16 days old - time to check rankings!

Ok my new site is 16 days old - I uploaded it on 29.08 (see New site launched post) and today is 13.09 so I decided to check my rankings in SEs for my main keywords.

First I went to Google and typed site:www.XXXXXX.com and found that Google indexed 29 of my pages - all my content pages are indexed successfully.

Then I picked my 3 long tail keywords (my main kws are inside long-tail) and found:

Google Yahoo MSN

natural weight loss pills reviews - 200 238 -

best natural weight loss pills reviews - 79 73 -

best natural weight loss pills - 312 555 -

It is too early to check my generic keywords, but I see pretty nice results. It took about 2 months to get at least 800 position for my long tail keywords for my first site.

If you passed that first battle, the hardest one, next battles will be easier.

Seems that MSN hasn't indexed my site yet, maybe it takes some more time to get indexed at MSN, but what I do care about is Google, and it seems Google appreciates my actions. Well baby, let's make friends! :) I need that top 10!

Sales on Moreniche

I made several more sales but I'm not satisfied with my results. Basically the affiliate business success is about bringing enough traffic to your site and convert that traffic. While I see traffic from 5 position in Google for very trafficable keyword, the other side - it's a broad term and broad terms need great presell.

It's all up to copywriting now. But my copywriting was just facts and lots of info, while value of the content is not only useful information, it is EMOTIONS, new resource that people get while reading your content. My text was not emotional, so I see pretty weak conversions now.

Dependance on sales

There's interesting psychological catch - after initial success and many sales I began to feel dependent on sales. If I see no sales today I feel embarrased and like I'm losing money. Imagine, you wake up in the morning and check your stats - and see a sale. In a day or two another sale - you work on and feel great because your actions are rewarded.

And today you wake up and see no sales, and ten days no sales... you feel you could get them, but there's nothing and it is like you lost some money.

Bad feeling, but that's business - I still haven't found a key to making steady sales. I still have only one site and another one on the road.

...But I have many ideas, I keep on reading lots of stuff on affiliate business. While workign full time, it is hard to do, but see that goal of 1000$ monthly? So there's no excuses!

0 comments:

Learn to make money online NOW!